On Monday September 21st WASSEA will be hosting several concurrent professional development workshops delivered by BTS Spark, who offer soft-skills leadership development programs specially designed for school leaders.
The workshops are fully funded by WASSEA and free to attend for all Full Ordinary members, so it’s a great opportunity to come along and take part in some high-quality PD with your WASSEA colleagues. Each of the workshops on offer has a limit of 25 participants and will be filled on a first come first served basis, so if there’s one you’re particularly keen on, make sure to sign up ASAP!
Workshop 1: Powerful Conversations
Change starts with a conversation. So, if we improve the quality of our everyday conversations, we can make a significant impact on others’ practice.
- Learn how to lift the quality of your conversations
- Understand how to use Development, Possibility and Impact Conversations
- Use the See-Hear-Speak model to create dialogue which is genuinely two-way, transparent and powerful
- Practise your listening and questioning skills
Workshop 2: Holding Difficult Conversations
Many leaders tell us that holding difficult conversations is the most challenging part of their job. They are concerned about how the other person will react, not sure of how to handle the situation or anxious that the conversation may make matters worse. More often than not, things go unsaid.
- Explore what holds you back from holding difficult conversations
- Learn about power positions and how they can affect the impact of your conversation
- Know how to recapture safety if it gets lost
- Practise a framework for holding a difficult conversation
Workshop 3: Developing Your Personal Leadership
Are you maximising your leadership? Would you benefit from taking some time out to reflect on how you lead, your natural leadership strengths, and how you respond as a leader when juggling multiple priorities? This workshop will help you to get a clearer idea of how you want to develop your personal leadership.
- Explore what holds you back from being most effective at work
- Learn how to help yourself to overcome the limiting beliefs that hold you back
- Reflect on your leadership strengths
- Identify the personal leadership shift that will enable you to have the greatest impact at work this year
Time & date: Monday 21 September, 8:30 am – 1:00 pm. Tea/coffee, biscuits and a light lunch will be provided.
Location: Tuart College, 105 Banksia St, Tuart Hill
Cost: Free for all WASSEA Full Ordinary members, $100 for WASSEA Aspirant members, $150 for non-members