Project -Based Learning (PBL) is a key teaching approach in learning organisations around the world. It taps into student (and staff) passions by doing work that matters. PBL develops competencies in, not just knowledge, but also what to do with what you know.
Why is this important? Schools are seeing an epidemic of student disengagement – Project – Based Learning offers a highly engaging way to learn. It also helps students develop the kind of collaborative, critical thinking and self-direction skills demanded by employers.
What is it? The program provides everything you need to get started with PBL. Engaged Learning has worked closely with PBL experts to bring you tried-and-tested tools and processes to fire your imagination and structure your planning.
How will it be done? The 2-day program gives you everything you need to get started with PBL, as well as provide useful takeaway tools and planning guides. The days will include:
- What PBL is (and isn’t)
- The key ingredients to effective PBL
- How to design, plan, execute and assess great projects for your students
- Doing The Project Yourself’ – experiencing a ‘Project Slice’
- How to ‘tune’ your project
- Protocols to enable students to ‘critique’ their work
- Building in differentiation & personalization
- How to exhibit and archive your projects
- Assessment strategies
- $250.00 Members – Voucher Code for WASSEA members: AD4W-P4NR-83JZ
- $450.00 Non Members